6'2"

Humor from on High

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Guster is for lovers

Before I attended the Basilica Block Party this past weekend I thought Guster's new album was their best work to date. Yet, after hearing all of their old songs at the BBP, mainly off "Goldfly," all of my previous recollections of that album came back to me...and now Goldfly is my favorite album...I would say Ganging up on the Sun comes in a close second with Keep It Together coming in an even closer third.

The best thing about Guster is that they rarely have a "bad song". Every one of their albums can be played from beginning to end without skipping a track. The BBP also showed how great the band is live...As opposed to many bands, Guster sounds exactly the same live as they do in the studio. Most singers sound much worse on the stage, but Guster's vocals might be better than their album songs.


Question for the masses: Where is the nearest blood bank around these parts...I know there is one in Mankato but am unsure of any other locations. Easy bucks man.

2 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Blogger Hops said...

Did you just ask where the nearest blood bank is?

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Blood bank as in plasma donation place? They're generally located in the 'hood or near a campus of some nature. Like on Washington Ave in Stadium Village.

At least, there used to be one there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home