6'2"

Humor from on High

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Purification Wrap-Up (cont.)

So, one of the aforementioned "things that your significant other is probably just better off not hearing about" for me was one of those brilliant internet marketing campaigns...."Free Shit! Click here and do some idiotically easy things! We're so not even kidding!" For me, the object of desire was a free iPod, with all the bells and whistles. Now, me being the scientific and anal type, in addition to spending WAY too much time on the internet, had heard about these types of offers and did the requisite research to discover that yes, this deal does seem to be legit, according to numerous sources. There are probably dozens of similar offers out there, but all signs pointed to this one being For Real (apologies to Hunter S. Thompson for the semi-plagiarized overuse of capitalization).

The way these things typically work is that you have to sign up for a free trial of this, or give your credit card info and sign up for a month for that (then you can cancel), etc...I did the math, and figured out that I could do all six required offers for around $75 total if I diligently made sure that I cancelled everything on the proper dates. Plus, I got a free tooth whitening kit and some video professor CDs to learn how to use Excel!!!! P.S. I already know how to use Excel. Drat.

But one of the offers was for a certain online dating site, which shall remain nameless. Just sign up for a month, fill out a profile, cancel after your trial period, and you won't be charged. This seemed like a no-brainer to choose this offer because it was free and relatively easy to complete. I have to say in retrospect that somewhere deep in my totally crappy brain, a tiny tiny alarm was going off....should you really be doing this? But a much bigger part of my TCBrain was saying, "FREE iPOD!! FREE iPOD!! AACCHHHGGGHGH!!! YOU LOVE iPODS" Stupid brain.

I felt a bit like Homer Simpson. "All right, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer."

And so, I filled out the profile....

6 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Blogger Pooh said...

Ok, that's one weird thing about you, 4 more to go...

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Kaiser said...

I'll get to it. I'm taking a poll amongst my friends to wittle the list down.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Frankie said...

What about that thing you told me about with the donkey and the paste?

That was pretty weird...

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Pooh said...

That's funny, I didn't get polled...*sniffle*

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Sebby said...

Did someone mention a Donkey Show?

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Pooh said...

DO YOU WANNA BUY A DUCK?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home