6'2"

Humor from on High

Monday, February 13, 2006

Quayle, I Mean Quail Hunting

From today's Star Tribune:

"Lawyer shot by Cheney while hunting hospitalized, stable"

Fortunately, our tape recorders were carefully hidden in the Rangers bobblehead that sits atop President Bush's desk the day before, and caught this conversation:

Cheney: "Yeah, we're going quail hunting tomorrow! I can't wait. That Wittington guy is coming with us, actually."

Bush: "Oh really!? Hmm...well maybe this would be a good opportunity to give him a shot in the arm about the medical liability lobby."

Cheney: (confused look)

It's okay to joke because he's going to be fine. Got a better joke? God I hope so, because that was pretty bad. Use the comments section, please.

5 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, Blogger Pooh said...

My boss says "the VP was surprised because he's been shooting blanks for some time now".

Bring it home, auld boy...

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger sometallskinnykid said...

It was funny when the dude shot VV in Wedding Crashers.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Kaiser said...

I read a good one somewhere else about Wittington being a "big shot lawyer".

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Kaiser said...

"________ was SO bad, it nearly drove me to go hunting with Cheney."

-or-

"Go shopping with you honey? I'd rather go hunting with Cheney."

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Pooh said...

Today being what it is

"Roses are red
violets are blue
I thought you were a quail
so I shot you"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home