6'2"

Humor from on High

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Time Keeps On Turning

It's snowing.

Weather patterns in Minnesota are about as predictable as Al Gore's weight, and global warming (yes, Al has thoroughly convinced me) isn't helping one damn bit so far. Only days after I read somewhere that this may be one of the mildest winters on record, it is snowing for the first time here in Minny. Usually, this causes a great deal of jumping off of bridges from some Minnesotans, which is good because you want to get that in early before the water freezes. But I personally always look forward to it. Something about the passage of time or some other Thoreau-Walden-Pond-b.s. like that. Call me sentimental.

It's been awhile, faithful readers (if any of you are still left -- or ever existed in the first place), since I've exposited here. A slight case of Twins fever corrupted most of my creative energies, but now that Brad Radke is casting for marlins left-handed somewhere, I've begun to think more and more back to six foot two inches and the good times we've had. When was the last time I posted? ....holy crap, that was awhile ago. So much has happened since then.

(to be continued)

2 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, Blogger Sebby said...

Hey, lack of blogging happens to the best of us.

 
At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll admit to being one of those freak-out-at-the-first-snow Minnesotans. It only happened after I came back from a year in North Carolina, though.

But yesterday? I didn't bat an eyelash. Well, that's not true. I had to bat them furiously to try to get the snowflakes out on my way to the bus stop. No weeping, though. Still, my body was not ready for a windchill of 14 this morning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home